October 20th, 2018
Early Registration through 9/15/18: Use Promo Code 7POCT18 at check-out to receive $25 OFF**
Registration ends 10/3/18
Phoenix (Ahwatukee), Arizona
Address to be emailed upon registration.
Registration Fee Includes:
New York Times Best Seller Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work by John Gottman, Ph.D. and Nan Silver, 2 - Seven Principles Workbooks, beverages, lunches & afternoon snacks both days.
Workshop Cancelation Policy: If you must cancel prior to two weeks before the class date, a full refund minus a $25 processing fee will be given. For cancellations thereafter, you will receive credit good for one full year that you can use to attend a later class.
The Seven Principles Workshop(7P's) is Co-facilitated by Khara Fuentes, LMFT and independently contracted, Andrea Hernandez, LCSW.
If you are interested in hosting a workshop at your organization please contact us and we will be happy to coordinate an event with you.
7P’s is a 12 hour marriage enrichment workshop based on John Gottman, PhD’s New York Times best-selling book, Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work. If you are interested in learning what is needed to maintain a happy, healthy, satisfying relationship, then this workshop is for you. This psycho-educational workshop provides structure, motivation, and accountability to work through materials found in the 7 Principles book. Often, it is encouraging to be with other couples who are working to improve their relationships. The workshop is lighthearted and less threatening than therapy, but could serve as a bridge to couples therapy if needed. It can help couples articulate goals, expectations, and time frames for working on their relationship in a positive way.
This workshop combines teaching and demonstrations with one-on-one work sessions where you and your partner focus on your relationship. This is not group counseling.
Who SHOULD attend:
This workshop is intended for couples who are in a committed relationship and wish to enhance as well as enrich their relationship.
- Couples contemplating engagement
- Pre-marital couples
- Couples who wish to enhance a good marriage
- Couples free of emotional or physical abuse
- If mental health diagnosis is present, it is stable
- Couples free of drugs and alcohol
- Couples free of serious compulsive behaviors with gambling and sexual acting out.
Couples will learn to:
- Build and share a deeper connection with each other
- Identify your relationship's specific strengths and how to build on them
- Use the Fondness and Admiration System to renew, respect and care for one another
- Manage and resolve conflict in more effective ways
- Break through and resolve conflict gridlock
- Learn how to repair the relationship after a fight
- Recognize and respond to bids for emotional connection
- Be open to influence
- Maintain your relationship
- Ways to support and cultivate each other’s dreams and aspirations
About the Presenters
Andrea Hernandez is an independently Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW). Her clinical experience includes working with substance abuse treatment, trauma survivors, veterans, and couples. Andrea will bring a unique perspective to the Seven Principles Workshop having married her high school sweetheart coupled with her clinical experience. Andrea loves what she does, but her favorite time of day is when she is with her husband and two children. Andrea’s most cherished moments are with her family camping, having dance parties at home, and when she’s fully present in the everyday moments.
Khara Fuentes, LMFT : Click here
Next Workshop: COMING SOON!!
Did you know that 2/3rds of relationships experience a significant drop in relationship satisfaction in the first years of transitioning to parenthood?? If you could something do to prevent that from becoming your reality, would you do it?
If you answered yes, the Bringing Baby Home workshop is your next step.
Bringing Baby Home (BBH) is a research-based and tested psychoeducational workshop designed to help expecting and new parents strengthen their relationship as they transition to parenthood while also improving the quality of life for their babies and children. Created by Drs. John and Julie Gottman this workshop is a great fit for those interested in having a baby, expecting or already parenting a child 0-3yrs.
BBH Workshop goals are:
- Learn how to maintain relationship satisfaction after having a baby
- Reduce Relationship hostility and increase affection
- Promote positive parent-baby interactions
- Promote quality involvement for both parents
- Reduce the incidents or severity of postpartum mood disorders.
To ensure you're off on the right start with parenting and maintaining relationship satisfaction Click Here! We want to hear from you!